Bright Start Maternity Program
Bright Start℠ Prenatal Care Program for Pregnant Members
The Bright Start program is a collaboration designed to improve prenatal care for pregnant members by promoting healthy behaviors and controlling risk factors during pregnancy. The ultimate goal is to have our members deliver healthy, full-term infants who will have a bright start in their new lives.
- Early identification of pregnant members
- Early and continual intervention throughout pregnancy
- Facilitate access to needed services and resources:
- Dental Screening
- Behavioral Health Screening
- Build collaborative relationships with community-based agencies that specialize in services for maternal-child health
- Provide programs that encourage members to seek care and follow prenatal protocol
Case managers play a hands-on role, as necessary, in coordinating and facilitating care with the members' physicians and home health care agencies. They also outreach to ensure member follow-up with medical appointments, identify potential barriers to getting care, and encourage appropriate prenatal behavior.
Members enrolled in the Bright Start program receive a variety of interventions based on the assessed risk of their pregnancy.
- Low-risk members receive educational material about pregnancy, preparing for delivery, and how to access a case manager for any questions/issues.
- Low-risk members also receive an outreach call after delivery to complete a post-partum survey.
- High-risk members receive case management interventions by a case manager.
For more information, requests, or to refer members to the Bright Start program, call 1-888-208-9528.